“I’m Not Ready Yet”
We often hear first-time visitors say, “I’m not ready to make a move yet.” However, once they make the decision to move to our Intermediate Care Center, those same people often say “Why didn’t I move here a few years ago?”
How do you know when is the right time? The following is a series of questions that may help you discover the best answer for you:
- Do I find that I am isolated and suffer from loneliness?
- Has my social life become restricted?
- Do I feel like my health and quality of life is declining?
- Do I feel less safe in my home than I used to?
- Could I use more exercise?
- Are housekeeping chores not as easy as they used to be?
- Am I caring for a spouse and having difficulties meeting the demands?
- Am I eating poorly? Have my eating habits changed?
- Am I eating alone too often?
- Do I worry about who will respond in case of an emergency?
- Have I mixed up my medications?
- Would I be more comfortable if I had 24 hour supportive services available?
- Am I relying on friends and family to do things for me?
- Is it becoming a burden for them?
- Am I frustrated with services in the community that are not adequate or reliable?
Thorvaldson Care Center strives to maintain the health, vitality and quality of life of each of our residents. If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, you may be ready for the benefits of our Care Center. Our family invites you to visit and would be pleased to accommodate you or your family member.
Maybe now is the right time to make a positive change!